Anyone using an All In One drop in filtration kit on a 46 gallon Bowfront tank?

Sandman182

Looking into possibly using an All In One drop in filtration kit on a 46 gallon rimless bowfront tank. Anyone done this? Looking for some insight. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

I'm glad I found this post as I had a similar question. I've been out of the hobby for several year, and part of that was due to the catastrophic failure of my HOB refugium/protein skimmer. After working beautifully for 2+ years, it suffered a catastrophic failure one night and I lost the tank. I love the idea of a refugium, but I won't do HOB again. I've been tinkering with the idea of converting the back 4" of my tank to a build-in refugium, and it would be similar to the Fiji Cube AIO Box linked above.

What is the community opinion of in-tank AIO systems like this?

Regards

I'm glad I found this post as I had a similar question. I've been out of the hobby for several year, and part of that was due to the catastrophic failure of my HOB refugium/protein skimmer. After working beautifully for 2+ years, it suffered a catastrophic failure one night and I lost the tank. I love the idea of a refugium, but I won't do HOB again. I've been tinkering with the idea of converting the back 4" of my tank to a build-in refugium, and it would be similar to the Fiji Cube AIO Box linked above.

What is the community opinion of in-tank AIO systems like this?

Regards
knock is that they are more difficult to maintain.

IMO best thing to do is use siporax, seachem matrix or marinepure blocks in the chambers and bag them for prefiltering, easy removal and rinsing. Helps a lot!!

bag link here:

Back