Anyone using C Balance???

cweber

I just got some C balance and am a little confused at the directions. It says add equal parts of each but that wont help my imbalance. Last test i ran, my calcium was 560 or so and my alk was 5 or 6 i think.

I ran out of my carbonate i was doseing and decided to go with a two part. So if anyone has any advice on this product, that would be great. Thanks

mskohl

I use b-ionic, which I think is about the same thing. I use my test kits and get my results and dose according to the amount I need. I think when it says to use equal parts of both, it means when you have them already in balance. I usually need to dose a little more of one than the other anyway.

sadsak

I would dose a little of the one your off of and slowly bring it up , That way you don't over dose.

TulsaReefer

You can use the calculator at the link below to calculate the amount you need to get from a starting point to an ending point using many different products. it does calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium. Nice link to have around.

You may not want to dose it all at once, but this will tell you approximately how much it will take in total to get to where you want to be. I use it all the time and it seems to be pretty much on the mark.

Reef Calculator

TulsaReefer

Not necessarily trial and error, calculate the needed amount using the calculator link, and then add that amount. I wouldn't go over the maximum the bottle says to add per day (don't have the bottle in front of me so I can't remember what the maximum daily recommended dose is), just take as many days at max dose until you hit the mark you want. And since you know how much it should take (i.e. if the calculator says it takes 6 ounces, and you shouldn't add more than 2 per day, it will take 3 days). Since alkalinity tests are pretty quick and easy I'd probably test again BEFORE each addition, not right after one, it takes time for alkalinity to balance out after you add buffer and if you test right away after an addition it will likely be wrong.

cweber

Thanks. My alk is 7 and calcium is 500. I just added part B only to raise the alk a bit. I will test again tommorow night and see where im at.

GregC

<a href=showthread.php?

Thanks for the link, that will come in handy!!

s=&postid=12276855#post12276855 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TulsaReefer

You can use the calculator at the link below to calculate the amount you need to get from a starting point to an ending point using many different products. it does calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium. Nice link to have around.

You may not want to dose it all at once, but this will tell you approximately how much it will take in total to get to where you want to be. I use it all the time and it seems to be pretty much on the mark.

Reef Calculator