Anyone using this dual temp controller?

I just started using one 2 weeks ago for my QT. Obviously can't speak to its longevity but otherwise I am pleased. I've been using the single stage version since December as well, no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using 3 of them for 3-4 years.. when i first posted about them back then everyone said NO NO NO GET A RANCO Controller that thing junk..

Well still working great every one of them......

Better than a apex or other hobby-grade controller probe, but not as good as a ranco, IMO. Well worth the cash. Keep in mind that I have to put like 2000W through some of them.

I have one on both of my systems & they work well. I used to have my fans on timers & it was a bit inconsistent. With these they come on when they need to. The only thing I wish was different is the + - of 1 degree. So if u set the temp at 78 the heater will come on at 77 & the fan at 79. So it is possible to have a 2 degree swing a day. The only way I see it really happening is if someone has lights that put out a ton of heat. I have a 250 watt mh & 156 watt of T-5 on my 40 breeder & I very rarely get more then a 1 degree swing a day.

If u are getting a couple of them then u may want to check amazon. I paid $35 for mine,so u may be able to save $10

I have one on both of my systems & they work well. I used to have my fans on timers & it was a bit inconsistent. With these they come on when they need to. The only thing I wish was different is the + - of 1 degree. So if u set the temp at 78 the heater will come on at 77 & the fan at 79. So it is possible to have a 2 degree swing a day. The only way I see it really happening is if someone has lights that put out a ton of heat. I have a 250 watt mh & 156 watt of T-5 on my 40 breeder & I very rarely get more then a 1 degree swing a day.

If u are getting a couple of them then u may want to check amazon. I paid $35 for mine,so u may be able to save $10

As stated above if you don't mind switching to Celsius your swing now becomes .5 degree F (.3 C)

Just installed this controller. Measured temp seems 0.6 degrees lower than compared to 2 of my Marina digital thermometer. But there's a calibration setting to adjust that. Nice! Now all 3 reads the same. I like the big digital temp displays. I don't understand Celsius so I'm just going with Fahrenheit and live the 2 degree swings. Seems like a quality unit. I have my heater and my new fan unit connected to it with a setpoint of 76. At midspeed setting of the fan on top of my 5 gallon nano reef with lights off, the fan cools the tank to 75.6.

Back