anyone with some knowledge in recovering color in my poylops?

electrodude

i notice that my poylops seem to be losing there color and even the emarld crabs are not as green and turning white. all my water levels are zero and ph is good alk. is good, and calcium is good. should i add iodine drops. i have a 220 gallon with an 80g refu.:fun4:

well i have 250 watt lights hqi with 96 compacts ifeed frozen rottifers and oyster eggs my fish get mysis, brine and plankton. i have 80 gallon refugium.

i just did about 1 month ago coral life 10k 250 watts someone said i should add a few drops of iodine has anyone heard of this?

a few drops of iodine in a system that size isnt going to do anything. most people dont even dose iodine, i believe. personally i do, occasionally for fresh frags and use it for new coral dips too.
kind of tough to determine what the prob is? are they dying or healthy but changing colors?
maybe post some pics if possible.

i have 10k bulbs right now and it's a pretty crisp white even with the actinic supplements. im trying 20k next time. all corals are super healthy tho :D

the move from 14k to 10k comes with an increase in PAR. maybe your corals are a little shocked with the amount of light they are getting. Move your lights farther away from the water, or place some screening between the lights and the water for a week or so to let them acclimate.

It'll probably take 6-8 weeks & that's if you follow the suggestions in this thread. Why did you double post this to another thread? It makes responding very confusing.

if you cant raise it, get some screen mesh and layer it and take off a layer a week or something. As you use a bulb any bulb it decreases in the output or par, hence bulbs need to be replaced even though they havent burned out yet. its pretty common for things to bleach.

your color under a 10k bulb may never be the same as the color under the 14k. if everything is healthy the difference in color may be the difference in the bulbs.

Back