Anyway to unglue pvc?

dg3147

The guy that put my tank together glued a PVC elbow directly under the bulkead (via straight piece of PVC)....how can I possibly change it out?

UG!

It's like a chem-weld. There's no way as far as I know. It's actually bonded on a molecular level. Might have to replace the entire bulkhead.

I assumed that you meant there wasn't room to get a cutter in. Yeah.. you can cut them. "Directly under the bulkhead" confused me.

Sorry for any misinformation if any.

It's like a chem-weld. There's no way as far as I know. It's actually bonded on a molecular level. Might have to replace the entire bulkhead.

nah...that wouldn't have worked. That's the problem: I want to replace the bulkhead. but since there is and elbow right below it....it cannot slide off. Had to cut the elbow off with saw. Then I was able to slide bulkhead off.

I've cut the pipe itself and dremeled out the inserted pipe to save a fitting. Was kind of a PITA, but it did work.

James77 said:
I've cut the pipe itself and dremeled out the inserted pipe to save a fitting. Was kind of a PITA, but it did work.

they make drills cutters to do that too maybe a frendly plumber or supply shop?

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

Back