Apex and iOS6

RussM

I installed the iOS6 Gold Master on iPhone and iPad last night, and all seems well with the latest version of the Apex app.

But the really good news is that :drumroll: Apple has finally fixed the annoying bug in iOS5's JavaScript support which prevented the drop down menus from working when accessing the Apex using Mobile Safari. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347626818.190105.jpg

Another nice new addition: now that iOS has better support for handling of data files, you can actually use the Load/Save page in the Apex from an iDevice. I downloaded an Apex backup file right into DropBox (other similar services/apps might work as well - but iCloud does not). So if you make a programming change, for example, while away from home using your iPhone or iPad, you can make an immediate backup.

Last edited:

tj1627

I Dated a Robot
+1

I was fiddling around with my dev account for iOS 6 on my 4S. Seems to be running great!

Didn't try the load/save, but I will when I get home. Very convenient.

rps3

Wait, iOS6 is out? I just updated lastnight and the latest was 5.1.1... another update I guess.

60Cubed

Premium Member
Got the iOS6 today and seems to allow the programming of the outlets which was the ony reason I used my laptop. Glad to see it will be easier to access and program from this point on.

RussM

Got the iOS6 today and seems to allow the programming of the outlets which was the ony reason I used my laptop. Glad to see it will be easier to access and program from this point on.
You could have been doing that with the app... you didn't need to wait for Apple to fix Safari to work. ;)

60Cubed

Premium Member
I never could get the drop down to allow access to the program input for each outlet. It works now so IDK why it wouldn't work before!! The app only let me turn the outlets on or off but I couldn't actually change the command info