apex controlling tunze 6055

AngelandNathan

So I got the cable neptune makes to connect the tunze pumps to their controller. Then downloaded a couple pump schedules others have saved to the community. Once everything was programmed I plugged it in and nothing.... after that I unplugged them and they turn on.
So I ran the preview of the schedule for one of the pumps and it came on in the middle of the schedule (peak intensity) and turned off before the schedule ran completion. I scratched my head, plugged the tunze pumps back into the tunze controller and now that tunze powerhead won't come on at all. I tried power cycling it but it still won't turn on.
I am afraid to go any further with the other powerhead. Did I do something wrong? BTW these are the older 6055 turbelle that did not have the attached controller they come with today. Any ideas why it wont work now?
Thanks in advance

Are the pumps clean and otherwise in good condition? Basically we want to be sure the titanium shaft is rigidly fixed in the motor, the propeller assembly is clean and free of calcium deposits as is the inside of the motor. Does the power supply indicator light come on? Roughly how old are these pumps? Controllers started in July 2015, but these pumps have been made since 2008, in general DC pumps have a life span of about 7-8 years as that is a limitation of the electronics, the capacitors will not hold a charge reliably after they exceed that age. The main APEX issue I encounter is that the cables do not seat sufficiently, the rubber boot needs to be pulled back so the pins can make full contact, if the contact is loose, the pumps will not run or may run but not in response to the controller.

Back