Apex energy bar status blinking yellow?

stros

I just got my Apex and I am trying to set it up with my Mac. The energy bar status is blinking yellow? The status on the aqua controller is not on at all? Anyone have any suggestions? I called Apple and they got my airport express set up as a bridge. I get ethernet and wireless from it But no ethernet lights show up on the controller? I assume that is because there is no power getting to the controller.
Thanks
Mark Strohman

Blinking yellow is an indication that it is not communicating with the Apex base. Is there a (USB-like) cable between the base and the EB8; the base draws power from the EB8? The display can be pluged in anywhere (into the base or the EB8).

On the Apex base; there is an LED what is it doing?

No activity on the apex base? The eb8 instructions say blinking yellow light "eb8 is in boot loader mode, and has not been configured by the Apex base module.

yea, you aren't in boot loader mode. It also blinks when it is not getting commands from the Apex. Contact neptune tomorrow; it sounds like you might have an issue with the base; the base should light up; status light should go solid; var pumps should cycle (with default program) and display should come online. If everything is dark and the EB8 is pluged into the wall and then plugged into the base then something else might be not right.

Re: Apex energy bar status blinking yellow?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15427257#post15427257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stros
I just got my Apex and I am trying to set it up with my Mac. The energy bar status is blinking yellow? The status on the aqua controller is not on at all? Anyone have any suggestions? I called Apple and they got my airport express set up as a bridge. I get ethernet and wireless from it But no ethernet lights show up on the controller? I assume that is because there is no power getting to the controller.
Thanks
Mark Strohman

I had exacly the same problem. The base did not receive power. Moving things around I noticed that bending the usb (aquabus) cable near one of the plug would restore power.

I have been able, twisting the usb cable around the base, to maintain stable power, however the led on the energy bar still blinks yellow.

I think I have a faulty cable. I contacted Curt and he is sending a replacement. You may be experiencing the same issue.

I have tried to move the wires, still will not work. I took the cable to my local electronics store and they tested the cable. The cable tested fine. Bought a new cable to try that. Still no connection or power to the base? Still waiting to here from Curt about what to do next.

Contact Neptune; it sounds like a problem with the base unit (or power isn't being sent from the EB8).

I have been emailing Curt about the problem. He has figured that eb8 is the problem. It would not power the base. He sending me a new one. Thanks for every ones help.

my system was working fine and I moved the tank on saturday. Got to the new place and hooked everything up and now the energy bar 8 is blinking yellow but the base unit is lit up green and the display works.

I am unable to control the outlets on the energy bar.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have a email in to Curt but have not heard anything yet.

been having the same problems except my display is also messing up, every time i try pressing the center button to go to the menu, it flashes around from screen to screen and usually ends with going into feed mode. one time if flipped through so many different pages that is set a password somehow. now it outlets are powered off (according to display and WebUI) but the outlet has power.. i am ripping my hair out over here after working on it for 14hours.

Back