Apex Firmware Update - 4.11 Beta

Temp still will not calibrate via web (only tried via Firefox). Calibrated fine via display though.

Temp still will not calibrate via web (only tried via Firefox). Calibrated fine via display though.

try IE or safari, I have issues using firefox or chrome for whatever reason.

and in regards to the storm - it works after you upgrade your VDM to sw revision 9.

and in regards to the storm - it works after you upgrade your VDM to sw revision 9.

I'm showing that I am still at "008", but it also says "OK" next to it. What version of the code should I be at? Currently, I'm at:

status software="4.11_8A11" hardware="1.0"

Is the new VDM firmware part of the re-release of the beta software? I'm not sure if I installed that one, but I'm not home to confirm one way or another.

SOB! I knew that there was something different between the first one in the thread and the second, but I couldn't see it. I'll install the B version tonight...

Thanks!

After successfully updating the firmware, i get the following error when trying to update web pages:

Operation failed with the following error information:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Anyone seen this?

You're using Windows XP or Vista I suspect. You need to install or re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

Anyone running the latest BETA, 4.11_8B11 seen any random false alert triggers?

Every couple days now I am getting my PH email trigger going off. The actual email output shows the pH under the trigger. The ORP reading is also wacky at the time of the alert. In the below email alert it is 183, but I then immediatly logged into the system and it was 277.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th false trigger since I loaded this Beta.

Example;

Alarm Statement: If pH > 08.40 Then ON

Aug 26 2011 09:36:41
Temp pH ORP
77.0 8.06 183
Power Failed: Aug 21 2011 11:35:57
Power Restored: Aug 21 2011 11:36:30
Power OK: EB8_4 (4 Days 22:00 - 3.1 Amps)

It's possible that you're getting some sporadic interference causing the probe values to spike but by the time you look at the tank, the probe values have gone back to normal values. To test this, you could add a Defer statement to your email alarm, something short like 1 minute. That would smooth out any spikes.

It's possible that you're getting some sporadic interference causing the probe values to spike but by the time you look at the tank, the probe values have gone back to normal values. To test this, you could add a Defer statement to your email alarm, something short like 1 minute. That would smooth out any spikes.

Thank you. I'm not worried about them at this point. If they continue I'll start isolating peices of hardware to try and locate a cuplrit. It's always a possiblity that something has just started to fail or cause interferance. As nothing in my setup has changed except the Beta I was starting with the low hanging fruit.

It could also be happening if the Apex is rebooting at those times. I get a CO2 alarm every time mine re-boots. (not related to the beta build)

I noticed now that when my apex reboots, it is kicking a power failure. This isn't a big deal, but it appears that it is not updating the fact that the power is restored. If you look at my status on reeftronics.net (http://www.reeftronics.net/jimsflies/apex-status) the bottomline on the left says "Power Restored: Never". This is also causing an alarm condition when I view the controller via Aquanotes.

Maybe there is a new setting I need to update?

Jim, this happens if you enabled the Power Monitor feature but do not have an auxiliary 12vdc wall wart connected to the Apex. The Power Monitor option is on the Misc setup page; turn it off and "power restored" should return to normal.

Ah- Now I see why when I calibrated my Apex jr it looked off Calibration is 2degress higher than what I calibrated it too... :/

firmware update goes through without issue, but when I try and update the webpages I get the following error:

Operation failed with the following error information:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any idea on what might be causing that? The web interface still works fyi.

Back