Apex notifying me of a power failure with release 4.03

saf

I want to have my Apex notify me of a power failure and to keep a pump running when the power is out. I have been reading the comprehensive apex manual and it mentions some changes with release 4.03. I have a UPS and one EB8. How would the programming work with the new release 4.03?

Thanks!

If you have a power failure how can it notify you? Just thinking here is no power to the apex as well

You have to have the Apex, your router and your modem on some sort of battery backup, like a UPS or the only notification you'll get is after the fact.

You add a second power source to the Apex - it will take a 12v adapter. You put that on your UPS, leave your EB8 plugged into the wall.

You enable the power monitor option so the controller will accept that power source, then just test for the EB8 losing power. The 12v will continue to supply power to the controller, not the EB8. So your devices are dead but the controller lives on!

Complete instructions and sample code in the Ref Manual.

You would need the unit,pump and router/modem plugged in to the UPS.. FWIW it better be a BIG UPS as they run out relatively fast. I have a large 1300watt rack mount one and it will only run for about 40 mins with a single return pump on it.

If you any ecotech pumps you can make a DIY backup for them out of belkin Uverse battery backups. You can get them on eBay for like $25 and it will run my MP10 for more than 24hrs l you need is a $3 wire from ecotech . Doesnt solve the notification though..I think tunze has the same option though I'm not sure.. Sorry i didn't answer your question LOl I was just throwing that out there. I'm looking into controllers and trying to learn all I can :)

I want to have my Apex notify me of a power failure and to keep a pump running when the power is out. I have been reading the comprehensive apex manual and it mentions some changes with release 4.03. I have a UPS and one EB8. How would the programming work with the new release 4.03?

Thanks!
4.03 is anything but new. The latest is 4.20. If you are actually using 4.03... you really should update.

Thanks for all the replies!

The Apex, router/modem will be on a UPS. Is there anyway with just one EB8 to have a something run of the UPS? Like a small powerhead? Or would I need two EB8s?

thanks Russ, I know I am behind the times! I was just reading the manual to see if I could figure out what the difference is.

the power supply is for the APEX (12 volts) and goes to your UPS together with the modem, router and 1 EB8 as needed. The second EB8 can go to the wall ..ofcourse this will not come ON during power failure but your Apex, router, modem and 1 EB8 will, so that notification can still come to you.

You need the 12v adapter OR a second EB8 that would be plugged into the wall - you don't need both.

The 12v adapter is primarily for those with a single EB8 and would go to your UPS to provide uninterrupted power to the controller so it can send email's, etc.

Back