Apex on the fritz still = dead sps :(

went out and took at look at it. something is not kosher with the base unit. it needs to take a trip to go see Curt at Neptune..

The only light that is coming on regularly is the LAN power light and that isnt even solid and steady. It's almost sort of flickery. Some times the LAN connection light would come on but not like it should. The status light was about the same level as the LAN connection light.. just on every now and then, no rhyme or reason.. The unit wasnt even showing a LAN connection on the router so no way to connect with the flash loader and flash the firmware..

I'll add a final note to this. After i went out the first time to help bobby and could get nowhere he shipped the base to curt at neptune and it turns out one of the IC's was fried iirc. Got the base fixed and back from curt but the display was dead and the apex still wasn't accessible through the web interface. I FINALLY got a chance to go out today and lend a hand. Since you couldnt see the display you couldn't see what ip on the apex was so ised used a port scanner to find which ip addresses were up and listening. After I found the IP I downloaded and updated the firmware and the web pages in the base unit. That solved the problem with accessing the apex via the web interface. Then went in via the web interface and looked at the active modules. It was showing 3 displays so I re-initlaized the aquabus. After that it displayed the connected modules correctly. I updated the firmware on the display and it was back in business. Glad I was able to get out there and get it back working right..

Back