Apex on the fritz still = dead sps :(

vdubfiend

I guess it needs a firmware update or some crap

Anyone interested in getting this networked and updated for me?
I have cash some chalice frags I can offer

I've been working 70 hours a week for the last 3 weeks. The last thing I want to do is mess with this

PM me

Thanks !
Bobby

Bobby
Ask Bryce since he have a IT hook Up because of your motorola router needs to be network but updating firmware is very easy!

West of the 405, north of the 101... Is that Van Nuys or Sherman Oaks? Updating the firmware is easy if you can connect to it over your network. Setting it up for internet connectivity can be more difficult depending on your router. What kind of issues are you having with it?
What kind of devices are you running with it?
How many EB8's do you have and how many outlets will you be using?

Bobby, is it an ATT DSL modem/router? I could probably roll out that way and give you a hand getting it setup.. Shoot me a PM with when you are available..

- Jake

Van Nuys/REseda/Lake Balboa (white oak and vanowen)

its an ATT MOtorola router... (3347 wireless)
Netopia3347W.png

I went through the network steps and it seemed to be setup correctly although i did end up hardwiring directly to the motorola.

Im using 2 EB8s

t5 lights
tunze
fans
led strips
skimmer
heater(s)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I dont even care about the remote access bs yada yada ah!@#%!#%!gAFG(#Y@#)

All i want to do is get it to work -reliably.... Although I guess i need networking to do firmware update...

Just curious: when you say it isn't working reliably, what issues are you having? My new Apex just disconnected itself from the internet for no reason. It kept running as programmed, but I couldn't control the tank remotely. Are you having similar issues?

No i believe mine are firmware related...

most of the outlets stopped working for 2-3 hours... then came back on...

Seemed to be ok for a bit then things would go on/off/on over and over (cycling every 15min or so)

A few days ago the display went blank.. I tried the unplug and leave for 24hrs... nothing..

EB8 bars show blinking green status lights
Main board shows NO light at all anymore

Haha that thought crosses my mind quite a bit since I've switched from a ranco to a RK. Wish I knew more about firmware updates so I could help you. But I think Lawrence has got it down.

After talking with bobby via PM and his descriptions here it sounds like he's having the same problem i was having a while back. Gonna try and make it out there tonite to see if we cant get his problems all sorted and everything up and running right..

thanks Jake... its no rush at this point... whats done is done....

Ive got the heaters running on their own and it hasnt been hot enough for the fans - yet

THANKS

I have a lot of issues with ATT router and apex that is why I change to crappy time Warner.try linksys is only 60 on walmart I think .
It's so easy to use :)

Wow. Those are some major issues. Has Neptune had any advice? I wish you the best in geting it worki g righ. Sucks to spend so much and have it result in losses.

Back