Apex/phone app not working anymore.

MarksReef

Does anybody have any idea why my Apex phone app won't connect. It has for a long time I'm not sure if something got changed. Any idea where to look?

does the app open at all, or does it show a red ! ? if the later, u need to reboot the apex (remove the usb and replug).

I fixed the HOME by turning on the enable access control but not the AWAY control and IM going away :)

Last edited:
Worst case scenario, can you use Fusion via the web on your phone? I've never been able to get the app to work, so I don't know how big of a change/difference there is between the web interface and the app interface.

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct. I just tried it and I can control it that way till I figure the other out.
It came in handy last year when my tank sitter said my MP 40 was making a very bad sound and I turned it off from beach I was living it up on LOL.

It sounds like it's been a while since you used the app? If so, are you sure your IP addresses (local and external) are still correct/current in the app?

It's been ages since I used my app also, and this post made me check. Everything still works fine for me, so I don't think anything has changed.

The old App required port forwarding to work when away from home. If the IP address of your Apex changed, then the old App won't work while you are at home either. The IP Address can be found from the network settings screen on the display. You can also use the firmware updater program to find the Apex on your netwok and it's associated IP address. If you are using an iPhone, there is a new App in the iTunes store called Fusion that eliminates the need for Port Forwarding. It's just a simple App version of Fusion that connects to your Fusion account for full Apex control. It's actually pretty slick and works very well. If you have an iPhone, I would suggest you check it out.

Thanks Kurt.
I'm trying to find my ip now. What do you mean by internal and external?

With most routers, if you try to use your external IP address (the one your ISP assigns you) when you're on your local network, it won't work. So in setting up the app, you need to set up a controller using your internal IP address (the 192.x.x.x type address) and then add another controller using your external IP address, or dyndns-type address. That way, you can access the controller from both inside and outside the network.

It sounds like your app used to work, so I'm guessing you had it set up correctly at one time. But if your Apex's IP address has changed, or you've installed a new router, those settings (and the port forwarding for external network connection) might've changed.

Like slief mentioned, Fusion has solved alot of those connectivity issues and has made it a lot easier to remotely connect to your Apex. But the old-school app should still work fine.

Confirm the ip address on the display module if you have it. My Apex switched ips and my phone would not connect until I manually enter the IP in the setting on the phone app

Back