Apex seeing an additional EB8 and ignoring programs

ReachTheSky

Active member
I have had the Apex Lite unit with two EB8's attached to it for about 2-3 months now. This strange issues came up for the second time tonight and it has me a bit worried.

The controller randomly starts seeing a third EB8. It doesn't exist but it's there and I see the option to program the outlets. I tried to delete this extra module through the web interface as well as the controller interface with no success. To make matters worse, the outlets on the two existing EB8's will start ignoring programs and do as they please. :facepalm: What really worries me is that I have two dosing pump's with 2-part calcium and alkalinity solutions on very specific programs. This can not happen while I'm away or asleep. If they ignore their programs and suddenly pour their contents into the tank.... well, we all know what can happen. :uhoh2:

Eventually what I'm forced to do is run the "INIT ALL" option and set things back up from scratch. Name and program each outlet, calibrate all probes, etc. Frustrating!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it something I can prevent from happening again? Thank you for any input in advance.
 

swearint

New member
Eventually what I'm forced to do is run the "INIT ALL" option and set things back up from scratch. Name and program each outlet, calibrate all probes, etc.
Are you not saving your configuration? It won't solve the basic problem, but it will make it easier to restore after a reset.

Todd
 

ReachTheSky

Active member
I saved it all after the latest outage. Didn't learn my lesson the first time around but I did this time. Thank you.
 

fazilosman

New member
I just had the same thing happen to me last night at 8pm. Making things worse is that I am traveling and my wife had to work with me over Skype! Man this is not good.... My one EB8 suddenly changed it's address and the phantom (old) EB8 had all the programming.

There has to be a reason for this....
 

ReachTheSky

Active member
I contacted Neptune about this. They said they will be able to fix it remotely so I gave them telnet access to my Apex. I don't know what they did exactly (perhaps fixed a bug) but they assured me that it wont happen again.
 
Top