Apex sucks!!!

try plugging your eb8 into a surge suppressor, i have mine on a single outlet type, seemed to help, as far as the log in, sometimes i have to log in, and then try again within a minute to get in.

It is from day 1 cause I read they get power surges and ruin unit easily.

I'm sure you are running the latest firmware, but I would try going back a couple versions.

I had an issue once with mine with an updated firmware, which proved to be buggy. I just went back to the previous version and problem solved, and I haven't updated since then (being there's nothing new added that give any more flexibility). I don't feel you should have to do any of this being the unit is brand new, but when at wits end, it doesn't hurt.

I've been running mine for a year and a half without any problems. I typically don't update firmware unless there is a major need to do so, but with a brand new unit, you don't have a choice.

I've been running mine for a year and a half without any problems. I typically don't update firmware unless there is a major need to do so, but with a brand new unit, you don't have a choice.

Exactly it came with the latest firmware updated already

I had a very similar problem with a unit that I had. The unit finally went out and I had to send in for repair. Because I didn't want to go 3-4 days without my apex, I actually bought a replacement and then had Paul's crew repair my broken one.

Long story short. The new unit works flawlessly. Make them replace your unit now. Not later. You don't want to go through the heart ache. I had intermittent issues with mine for over a year.

My guess is that you had a power surge and fried something. Or you had a defective chip from the start.

Paul is a great guy, and will fix your issue.

Ok so Paul said it was my wireless gaming adaptor that was causing the problem sending to much info to my apex. I don't know what that mean. But I asked them before I ordered it and they said any wireless gaming adaptor is fine. Anyways I just ordered a new one. This time he recommended an exact model Netgear WNCE 2001. So it is on its way. If this happens again I will be demanding a new apex. Thought I would update for some people haven't purchased yet and I want them to know that Paul was prompt since this happened on a Friday and it always seems to. Paul got back to me over the weekend. Again haven't been happy with the product from the beginning but the service 2 thumbs up.

I will let everyone know if this doesn't work :)

Roger

i have one from the first batch and have had only had one problem with it. the probes were not reading right, so with a little trouble shooting the apex guys found it was the brains going bad. so i sent it out on a firday and had it back by thurs. and with only $60 cost. besides that i have never had a problem and it has saved my tank twice. the problems i have read and heard with gaming adapters is it is always loosing connection. i prefer to hard wire it.

good luck

Last edited:
Wish I could hardwire it. It's on the opposite side of the house. I agree I wish I had WiFi built in for an extra 50 dollars

Back