API Alk Test Kit

pscheel

Where can I get this locally (Chicago area)? I think I am getting bad readings with my Salifert test. TIA.

Nothing bizarre at all Ed. Salifert Alk kits have been having reported problems and bad ones for about 6 months now at least. I am lucky I guess to have an accurate one but I only know this becuase of my LaMotte kit.

Yes. My old Salifert read usually around 9 - 10. The new one read 14. My friend checked it with his Lamotte and it read 9.6. I have trouble distinguishing the colors on the Lamotte kit and he suggested the API kit. Anyone know of a LFS closer to Chicago?

I bought mine from Petsmart, believe it or not. It came as part of a reef test kit (calcium, alk, phosphate, nitrate).

Phil: I believe many, many have reported, and received denials. But I do not know this firsthand. Take a look in the Salifert forum.

I have been using an API calcium test kit after running out of the Salifer and after breaking the glass containers of my Tropic Marin test kit, all and all the API test the same as the Tropic Marin and it's easier to use. Elo's do make a nice test kit, at least for the Magnesium one.

Pete, what's API?
Adam, I'm glad to hear that, was thinking of trying those as I need new kits. Which kits have you used?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10455789#post10455789 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sullyman
Pete, what's API?
Adam, I'm glad to hear that, was thinking of trying those as I need new kits. Which kits have you used?

CA, DKH and Mag

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10455789#post10455789 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sullyman
Pete, what's API?

Aquarium Phamaceuticals Inc. Suppose to be a reliable affordable kit.

i always get my API kits from petsmart also. all petsmarts i been to have it. drfostersmith also has it cheaper if you plan to order a couple things together to save on shipping.

i like api for there ease of use but i HATE their class tubes witch brake on the shortest of falls!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10456865#post10456865 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
i like api for there ease of use but i HATE their class tubes witch brake on the shortest of falls!!!!!!

I agree with this, that's why I use the salifer tubes :)

Back