April nTOTM - Myzislow's 29g mixed reef

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14752592#post14752592 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fsurocks99
Congrats Myzislow! You have an awesome tank. From the pictures, it looks like you had two croceas and one squamosa (or maxima can't tell) in your tank at different times. Do you still have them in your tank?

Thank you! You're right, I did have a squamosa for quite some time. He got too big for my tank and was looking out of place. He is still alive, growing huge and doing awesome in my buddy's 55 gallon reef. When I upgrade tanks I'm defnitely going to get him back, it's an awesome clam. The smaller clam shown in some of the pics was a baby ORA maxima. Unfortunately one morning I woke up and it ws closed tight with a mucous type film all over it. It never recovered and eventually died:mad: I have no clue why too as it was seemingly doing very well and was growing nicely.

Here is a recent shot of my squammy in my friend's tank:
zoanthids203.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14750129#post14750129 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jackson6745
Awesome tank Myzislow!! I love the growth progression. you have some awesome SPS in there!

Thanks Jackson! Love your tank as well dude, defnitely one of my favorite nanos on the site!

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone!! It was a pleasure sharing my tank with all of you and I'm glad you liked it.

Congrats and great growth on everything. What kind of lighting schedule do you have? How many hours on the MH? I have the same bulb w/ galaxy ballast and lumenmax 3anything i push up the lighting schedule past 7hours or so i get a diatom bloom

Super set up! Well done. With the cost of some of the corals in there, ya got me thinking that being a bum may pay better than I thought. ;)

I have a question for ya. My sister lives in Marina and I was there last week and helped her set up a 37 gallon system. There's nothing in the area for LFS's except Marine Systems in Marina. Are there better shops in Salinas or surrounding area?

Thanks and again, fantastic looking tank.

Mark

Amazing tank, I was just wondering how you modded the bak pak..most people would say not to use one but you have proved something by using one.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14761360#post14761360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ThunderousTalon
Congrats and great growth on everything. What kind of lighting schedule do you have? How many hours on the MH? I have the same bulb w/ galaxy ballast and lumenmax 3anything i push up the lighting schedule past 7hours or so i get a diatom bloom

Thank you. My Actinic turns on at 10:45 am and shuts off 9:15 pm. I run my halide from 12:15pm - 7:45 pm.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14762351#post14762351 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gawf4fun
Super set up! Well done. With the cost of some of the corals in there, ya got me thinking that being a bum may pay better than I thought. ;)

I have a question for ya. My sister lives in Marina and I was there last week and helped her set up a 37 gallon system. There's nothing in the area for LFS's except Marine Systems in Marina. Are there better shops in Salinas or surrounding area?

Thanks and again, fantastic looking tank.

Mark

lol, thanks a lot. I used to go to the marina store all the time but haven't been there lately. They used to be be pretty good, but last time I was there the selection was poor for both fish and coral. The people who work there are pretty cool though and you can special order pretty much anything you want. There is one store in Salinas called ocean's above that is ok for fish, but they really do not have too many corals for sale. You have to go up to the bay area and hit some stores like Atlantis and Aquatic gallery. There are so many stores in the bay area and they all seem to have really good selection when I go.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14777268#post14777268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DBarsotti
sweeeeet. things are lookin good man.

Thanks dude. Hit me up if you ever want to see it in person.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14778554#post14778554 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RandomHero426
Amazing tank, I was just wondering how you modded the bak pak..most people would say not to use one but you have proved something by using one.

Thank you. I didn't do anything too custom. I just used the venturi fittings from the accela replacement pump for the bak pak and fitted them to the maxi-jet 600. The accela pump was way too powerful for the bak pak, and on top of that it vibrated like cray and was very loud. I also could never get the micro bubble problem under control as the water moved way too fast through the skimmer. The maxi jet 600 works great!! I've found that as long as you keep the pump clean and the venturi air line and the orifice clear of debris that the skimmer actually works pretty well. As long as I have this tank up I see no reason to upgrade.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

Dude that is a sweet looking tank, and looks even better in person. Got any more pics of that squammie? A top down maybe? That thing is sick!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14817349#post14817349 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by losthere
Dude that is a sweet looking tank, and looks even better in person. Got any more pics of that squammie? A top down maybe? That thing is sick!

haha, thanks dude!

Top down in losthere's tank:
DSC_0055.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14829997#post14829997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by manhorsedog
nice tank and congrats!!

we need to get the may NTOTM up now so its not to late. dont let it die.

Thanks. You read my mind, just finished the thread..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14781506#post14781506 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mischief nite
Ingenious DIY with the actinic add-on!..............and yes I will be stealing that.
Oh yeah, sweet tank!

Thanks! I used a 24" sun blaze strip light with their reflector. You can find them readily online. The bulb was replaced for a geismann pure actinic.

Back