April nTOTM - Myzislow's 29g mixed reef

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14897646#post14897646 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seaworldkid1
how is the flame back doing with all the sps and claim mantels?

he's a model citizen.

dude after seeing how amazing your tank looked and with your conformation with the flame back not being a nipper i picked up my own from my shop i work at world wide corals and im happy to say he is amazing im so glad i got him. nice tank by the way.

Thanks again everyone!

seaworldkid- Nice pick up, they are awesome fish. Mine was my favorite. Unfortunately I have to report that I lost mine a couple days ago for unknown reason's. I had him for over 2 years and he was always so healthy and ate everything. Then, one night before the light shut off I noticed he wasn't out and about like he always was. I fed and he didn't come out so I knew it wasn't good. I searched for him with my flashlight and he was still alive but swimming oddly and just didn't look right. He didn't make it through the night and I found him dead the following morning. Such a bummer, not only was he my favorite fish, but now I'm hesitant to add another dwarf angel because of the chance of nipping. With my heavily packed tank I just don't think I can risk it.

Myz... I love the tank. I'm in the process of making a 29G reef-ready and transferring everything from my 36G pain-in-the-butt! Pretty neat to see you have such a thriving reef, especially considering that your running sumpless!

With that being said, how do you keep such a diverse reef in such a small aquarium? With those colonies, I'd imagine they'd all be fighting for survival!

Congrats, you surely deserve it. Cheers!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14941132#post14941132 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CaliDreaminjC
Myz... I love the tank. I'm in the process of making a 29G reef-ready and transferring everything from my 36G pain-in-the-butt! Pretty neat to see you have such a thriving reef, especially considering that your running sumpless!

With that being said, how do you keep such a diverse reef in such a small aquarium? With those colonies, I'd imagine they'd all be fighting for survival!

Congrats, you surely deserve it. Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed my tank. Good luck with your transfer!

I think my success is mainly attributed to taking things slowly and making sure I stay on top of my maintenance and keeping stable parameters. My tank was also very mature before any SPS went in so that probably helped as well. In a tank as small and well stocked as mine running carbon is a must for sure. As far as growth and corals running into each other I pretty much just let nature do it's thing. I do frag or move thing around when some of the faster growing corals become overgrown or when some corals are showing aggression towards a favorite of mine.

Thanks again.

wow... simply wow... and to note: those are the nicest tubs blues ive EVER seen. have you ever thought about shipping a frag of them? :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14972466#post14972466 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cptn Spaulding
wow... simply wow... and to note: those are the nicest tubs blues ive EVER seen. have you ever thought about shipping a frag of them? :)

Thanks. I've fragged them before but with there placement in the tank it makes it borderline impossible to do. When this tank is broken down I will definitely be fragging them up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14989171#post14989171 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazydante
I love this tank, great job. How do you keep it cool? Cali is hot this time of year.

Thank you. It's not really that hot where I live, though sometimes it will get into the 90s. I do use an Azoo dual cooling fan positioned on the back of the tank for when the HQI is on. I also turn down one of the heaters in the warmer months.

Back