Aptasia

ILLiDaN

Clownfish Fanatic
Got rid of most of it with aptasia control but little heads still manage to pop out of no where. Would i be better off buying nudibranches even though i have many small heads or buying pepp shrimp? i have a nano tank and anyone know if they shrimp are on sale anywhere?

cet98

"feed ur reef...feed it!"
FWIW, I have a 14gal nano myself and used Aptasia Control too for the big mamas and introduced a Peppermint Shrimp too. Shrimp completely cleaned my tank of any/all aptasia...

Got the shrimp at Living Sea in Park Ridge during one of their 2 for $10 sales...

hope that helps! :)

harry r

cet98, how did you get so lucky to get the peppermints to eat it. how did you train them. lol
seriously mine never touch them, but good luck if yours do. i am jealous...

cet98

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14839322#post14839322 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by harry r
cet98, how did you get so lucky to get the peppermints to eat it. how did you train them. lol
seriously mine never touch them, but good luck if yours do. i am jealous...
:lol:
truth is harry, I bought two shrimp and made sure I got the "biggest & fattest" ones in the tank...I never had luck with the samll ones

and the rest was just..........luck :D

harry r

i have both, lets hope they find the aptasia someday. if not i will need the shrimp whisperer...

tks guys

cet98

oh and one more thing, I feed them small pellets (just a few) every other day to insure they were eating and hungry...then I only fed them once a week so they would look elsewhere for food...and remember they need Iodine, so keep up with that too...

FYI, if you feed your tank everyday then they have no reason to "look" for aptasia to feed... ;)