aqua man 07 120 build

Mine lay flat in my sump. I've never had problems with newer heaters being submerged.

Mine lay flat in my sump. I've never had problems with newer heaters being submerged.

+1

Mine have also been submerged in the sump for several years without incident. I'm not sure if the brand will make a difference or not.

Out of sight, out of mind, isn't always a good thing. Would the accuracy of the heater be effected by placing it in a smaller enclosed area?

I might look into some different heaters. I have glass heaters now and just don't trust submerging them.

I have one titanium and one glass. I have noticed that location had an effect on display temp. I keep my heaters in the fuge but if I move them into the tank the tank stays hotter on the same setting because of how long it takes the heated water to make it back to the controller probe. I keep a thermometer in the overflow and in the return chamber.

My only concern would be is there enough water volume in the overflow to sufficiently heat the water? That's a pretty quickly turned over reservoir.

I picked up a few heaters on eBay pretty cheap and I'm looking at laying them flat in the sump it won't leave much room for my fuge area though. I am looking at either a reef angle or an apex controller since both will run the gebao WP 40.

IMG_20131122_163303_060.jpgSo I haven't posted in a few I've got some work done.

The tank is up and running I still need to play with the skimmer a little and put the rock and sand in. I'm on my way to Chicago for the weekend so I guess I'll do that Sunday night.

I ended up getting a jebao DC 9000 and wow I may have got too much. Its on the lowest setting and looking good. I haven't got a chance to play with it much yet.

Back