AquaC 1" injector mod???

Hal

I stumbled across a reference to a 1" injector upgrade ($10) to the bigger AquaC skimmers. Can someone tell me more about it?

yes does wonders on it. Helps produce a ton more skimmate. I did it on my old ev400 and it was night and day. the best money you will spend. what pump are you running?

Iwaki WMD-30RLT. Slightly underpowered by according to today's user manual (which recommends a 40RLT), but was the recommended pump (or even slightly larger than the recommended pump) when I bought the skimmer. :mad:

Will the 1" injector make a difference with this pump?

I upgraded to the 1" injector in my 240 and had to step up to a Mag18 to get the most out of the skimmer, but it was well worth it. Easily twice the skimmate I had before. Check out theAqua-C Club Thread for alot of useful information!

I also run a mag 18 and 1" injector on my 240. I'm super happy with this skimmer after this $10 mod. Most value for the money I've every got since I started this hobby =)

I've got an inquiry into AquaC as to whether the 1" injector will provide any benefit with my underpowered pump. We'll see what kind of customer service they have. : ) They've been good to me in the past.

Back