AquaConnect 14ks

Kip

I vaguely remember reading posts/info that 400wAquaconnect14kSEs are good for about a year. Anybody with any experience with these bulbs? Are they good for a year on e-ballasts, pulse start, or HPS/HQI?

I figure SPS folks have the most experience with bulbs, so I asked here.

I just got some of these today and have both m135 and HQI ballasts to run them on. They are far nicer/brighter on the HQI, but at 140 bucks a piece, bulb life is a consideration.

Thanks for any info you can share.

Kip,
I use to run them off HQi and they last me around 10 month without any o colors shift.
On my new tank i start to run them off IC and i thought they were a little dimmer vs.HQI. Then ERIC ( fragfarrmer) send me Helios to try and i end up getting one more from him:)
AQ is great bulbs just a little pricey

mike

Kip, Twon8 Uses them and raves about them. You might want to shoot him a pm. I'm sure he'll post here though. I saw them on his tank and the look sweet!

I am also very curious about these. I bought some I haven't tried yet - 3x 250 w 14k's. Will I loose my pinks with such a blue bulb?
What is the par like as well. I sell a lot of frags so I don't want my growth to slow down.

i run the 250w version on icecaps. they do last a year+. I ran one for a bit on an m80 and it was a bit too bright and yellow for my tastes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12916026#post12916026 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by twon8
i run the 250w version on icecaps. they do last a year+. I ran one for a bit on an m80 and it was a bit too bright and yellow for my tastes.
Twon what lights was that stylo avitar pic taken under?

I'm running 2 250w along with a pheonix 250 and I cant tell the difference between them, both have very good par but I have only been running them together for 6 months.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12916056#post12916056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldude
Twon what lights was that stylo avitar pic taken under?

400w 20k xm and 2x5't5s, one blueplus and one midday

Back in action again Kip? Did you ever narrow down the mysterious issues a while back?

Mike, are them Helios treating you good?

I have been running the 250's for years and a lot of other reefers in this area too. We have a very good LFS that as been selling them for a long time. I change mine out at 9 months and most of the other reefers around here all say 9 months also.

you guys running 250s.... DEs or SEs??? I've run the 250wP14k on M80 for years over my frag tank, but more interested in SE info this time around.

my 400wSEs... definitely like them better on HPS ballast
... on m135, they are a little dim

eric... yep, back in the game (again)... never nailed down the source of my problems, but they went away on their own after about 9-10monts and taking most of my acros with them.

i started re-collecting frags Jan this year and have now been fighting dark cyano problems since. In May i took out all sand and rock and replaced with new. Still having cyano deal. But the frags i have a doing pretty well. Even a red stag tabler i got from you that i nearly killed trying to strip the tank with GFO and carbon trying to get the cyano to go away.

I run 3 400k and love them... ive had them for 8 months and havent noticed a big shift, maybe some. They give a beautiful white blue color.. very very nice but of course they are pricey...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12916382#post12916382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ejocam
Back in action again Kip? Did you ever narrow down the mysterious issues a while back?

Mike, are them Helios treating you good?

Eric,
Nice to see you here :) yes, i love them. i finally got use to them:)
AQ is nice too. But now i like Helios.

im running se; ive run the pheonix and it is def. different than the se aq14k

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12914982#post12914982 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kip
color shift?
became dim?
just quit firing?

dead - have since switched to Helios's myself. I've been running one now for about six months off a son agro and it's still looking good.

Peter

I will use 2 x 400 Watt SE on Lumatek Electronic ballasts on my new tank.

I use the 250 Watt DE bulbs now, and I love the durability and color.

leonardo

Back