Aquajr with serial Firmware update problem

mako199

Tankless!
Premium Member
I downloaded the update 3.3-1A08 to upgrade my firmware. I have 3.00J-3A06. When I tried to upgrade I got it to work on my pc and it says it's transferring but the ac jr is only saying loader. I have the correct COM1 port because it works fine with aquanotes on my PC. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's not upgrading. Tried in safe mode and would not work at all. Tried with Antivirus off ,tried with windows firewall off. Still just says loader on the LCD no second line of info.After it says transfer complete I reboot the aquajr run self test and it still says 3.00J.
Help please

Thanks , Mike

You may want to contact Neptune directly and have them walk you through the procedure. This is their contact information:

Phone: (408) 578-3022
email: support@neptunesys.com

For support issues like this I definitely recommend sending and email or calling for a timely response. If the loader display numbers are not advancing on the AquaController, then it is not receiving any data. You should need to be in safe mode, etc. access the AquaController.
Restart the AquaController, and initiate the bootloader as described in the manual. Then start update program on your PC. Do not run AquaNotes or any other program that communicates over the com port between starting the update process on the controller and starting the PC update program.

Curt

Curt,
I did everything you stated there except when I tried it in safe mode it said com ports not available. I will try to find time to call . What kind of hours are you available for contact.

thanks, Mike

Back