Aqualife 180 Gallon

Morganfbs

Bought that 180 aqualife had at their store for a couple days, too good of a deal to pass up when they lowered their price from 450 to 250:eek1:... Assuming it is "fully operational" like they say. Also going to try and buff out some scratches. Anyone have any acrylic scratch-removing recommendations?

-Morgan

It depends on how deep the scratches are, I would get the novus scratch compound 2 and 3 if it is not that bad. Otherwise look on YouTube there is a few good how too videos

I use a corded black and decker drill with mother's ball plus novus 2 or 3. The drill goes up to 1500 i think.

Bought that 180 aqualife had at their store for a couple days, too good of a deal to pass up when they lowered their price from 450 to 250:eek1:... Assuming it is "fully operational" like they say. Also going to try and buff out some scratches. Anyone have any acrylic scratch-removing recommendations?

-Morgan

Was wondering who was going to snag that seeing their pictures on facebook!

Morgan-

Just be careful about polishing in any one spot too much. It can cause distortions when looking through that area much like convex/concave mirrors can.

Marc

Morgan-

As long as you are comfortable doing it, mechanical is the way to go especially on the outside. Just remember to go slowly because you can always do more...maybe start on an end that is going to be the least viewable based upon where it will be placed. You could even start on the top. This would give you an opportunity to get some hands on experience so that you can gauge the aggressiveness of the Novus products. As others have mentioned there are youtube videos that you could watch to see the technique that others have successfully used.

Just go slow because like I said, you can always do more. It is much easier than trying to undo too much.

Marc

I read Poriferan's post and he did it right, didn't rush and got a great result. The aggressiveness of a given grit is magnified quite a bit when you add it to mechanical devices. You could even hit TAP plastics and get some practice acrylic out of their scrapes box. Just do it like Poriferan and take the time to do it slowly, but correctly.

Good Luck :)

Lol, thanks. Was a lot of work and did turn out nice. Shame the tank never got used. I had to move, put it in an outside storage, covered, and it cracked before I could go back for it.:angryfire:

Back