Aquamedic Turboflotor 1000 pump??

steve_1111uk

Ive just bought a turboflotor 1000 external type skimmer with integrated trickle filter off ebay which is new, it arrived today but when I took it apart it was fitted with a eheim 1250 needle wheel pump instead of an aquamedic one. Also im sure the original pump is rated at 2400lph not 1250 that the eheim is. Ive run the skimmer with this pump and it seems to put very little air into the chamber. I also happen to have a ocean runner ph2500 needle wheel pump from another skimmer ive tried this pump but this doesnt seem to fit. Does anyone know what pump should be in this skimmer ive searched the net but it doesnt seem to list what pump it just says venturi pump. Does it need an ocean runner or 2500? do these come as standard with needle wheel? Strange thing is the eheim seems to be a perfect fit.

Thanks Steve

From what I know they use ocean runner 2500 or 2700 pump depending on which one you get. I have never seen one with an integrated trickle filter. Do you have a pic?

In the US they do not come(or have not seen) them with Eheims. I have not seen them with that integrated trickle filter either.

Ive just bought a turboflotor 1000 external type skimmer with integrated trickle filter off ebay which is new, it arrived today but when I took it apart it was fitted with a eheim 1250 needle wheel pump instead of an aquamedic one. Also im sure the original pump is rated at 2400lph not 1250 that the eheim is. Ive run the skimmer with this pump and it seems to put very little air into the chamber. I also happen to have a ocean runner ph2500 needle wheel pump from another skimmer ive tried this pump but this doesnt seem to fit. Does anyone know what pump should be in this skimmer ive searched the net but it doesnt seem to list what pump it just says venturi pump. Does it need an ocean runner or 2500? do these come as standard with needle wheel? Strange thing is the eheim seems to be a perfect fit.

Thanks Steve

hello, so what pump you put in the trickle tower? i have same complectation!

Back