Aquaria Studio

Fishman40

I'm in the Tampa area but I'm from Orlando and I was over there recently and saw a new store on Alafaya in the Waterford Lakes area by Home Depot and all that new stuff there. Its called Aquaria Studio. Anyone been in there and can you give any information? Sadly, I was there partying with my buddies so I could not check it out. Any info would be great

Good store, high quality products and livestock, but very pricey. With the location, the rent is high, which pushes all the corals way up in price. Good workers and more helpful than I've seen at some other stores and perfect location for me(I live a few minutes away), but I just can't bring myself to pay the $60 for a two headed frogspawn, or $250 for a decent color acan lord medium colony. Fish are better priced and the foods and drygoods are still good prices, which keeps me coming back...

In my opinion I give them a 7 out of ten
Positive:
Clean, courteous staff, good quality, great show tanks

Negative:
Price and the fact that they won't sell out of the show tanks up front, but that's where all the really good stuff is. I still want that picasso pair:)...

Definitely worth a visit. The location is very convenient. They have things you dont see everywhere else. I don't think they are too pricey. $90 for a softball size acro is a deal. They also have ORA frags for a great price. Fish are competitively priced as well and a good selection. Go check it out and you be the judge.

And Craig I bet if you ask Vin he will give you a better price on that Acan lord. Also present your ORCA card for a sponsor discount.

Lets stay away from rating sponsor's stores. I know 7/10 is good but what if you start rating other sponsor's stores that you don't like as much. This could get insulting and upsetting to the owners. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me. Also if they sold out of their show tanks they would be barren...that's why they are called SHOW TANKS. Go to Ross's store and ask him to sell out of his 300 gallon show tank and see what he says. And you all can drive a mercedes if you work hard and take risks. :p

Happy reefing.

PM sent, PR.

And hey, I drive a Mercedes...don't take it out on Vinh because he has good taste:)(owning a couple restaurants I'm sure helped him with the car payments, probably a lot more than the LFS's he owns)

PM replied Craig.

And yes I have done side work for Vin and many of you know who I am, but I am not an employee. I am just passionate about reefing. I am a member of ORCA and entitled to my own opinions in these RC/ORCA forums. Not every store is perfect for everyone but like I said don't miss this store! They are an ORCA sponsor so present your Card for a discount. I think its ok for Acan lords to be expensive, but there are other good deals there. I shop at all the ORCA sponsor stores even THE AQAURIUM, SITC, Aqaurium Fanatics, Ocean Direct...etc, etc.

happy reefing
Tom

Have you been to a meeting recently or going to one? We still haven't actually met and its so weird you really live like a few houses away ;p

I highly recommend that you stop by AQ and OB. Vinh keeps his stores well stocked and clean. I also recommend that you stop by all of the other LFS. Every store has its good and bad, no one store is going to be perfect. The smart reefer will try to build relationships with the owners of the stores. They are an immense source of information and can help you save some money in this very expensive hobby. Some times you will find live stock cheaper else where, but in the long run it will only benefit you to build a relationship with the people who take pride in what they do.

Oh, hardwork + dedication = Mercedes

Ask any LFS owner or any business owner how much time and money it takes to run a successful RETAIL center.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9711803#post9711803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluefintuna
I highly recommend that you stop by AQ and OB. Vinh keeps his stores well stocked and clean. I also recommend that you stop by all of the other LFS. Every store has its good and bad, no one store is going to be perfect. The smart reefer will try to build relationships with the owners of the stores. They are an immense source of information and can help you save some money in this very expensive hobby. Some times you will find live stock cheaper else where, but in the long run it will only benefit you to build a relationship with the people who take pride in what they do.

Oh, hardwork + dedication = Mercedes

Ask any LFS owner or any business owner how much time and money it takes to run a successful RETAIL center.

Bluefin very well said.

Sometimes we find ourselves forgetting the many intermediaries involved in the channels of distribution of certain goods and products. We, the "end consumer", pay the ultimate price for the risks associated, in the delivery of perishable goods such as corals and marine live stock. Remember, we are purchasing a luxary product here! Stores like OB, SITC, Aquarium Fanatics, ect. are specialty stores that provide us with a great service that is unfortunately under appreciated.
So to all of the LFS owners who take pride in what they do, Thank you!

I was in AS yesterday and vihn was very helpful to me in picking out a nice pair of B&W false percs and the only place in town to get them in, it was funny I was looking at his corals and he asked me if I had ever been to SITC as they had a lot of nice frags and he tended to carry more of the bigger pieces, he did have some really neat acros of a good size, I love his pavonas but to big for my tanks.

Good store, high quality products and livestock, but very pricey. With the location, the rent is high, which pushes all the corals way up in price. Good workers and more helpful than I've seen at some other stores and perfect location for me(I live a few minutes away), but I just can't bring myself to pay the $60 for a two headed frogspawn, or $250 for a decent color acan lord medium colony. Fish are better priced and the foods and drygoods are still good prices, which keeps me coming back...

In my opinion I give them a 7 out of ten
Positive:
Clean, courteous staff, good quality, great show tanks

Negative:
Price and the fact that they won't sell out of the show tanks up front, but that's where all the really good stuff is. I still want that picasso pair:)...

A 2 headed frogspawn for $60? I just picked up a great looking 2 headed frogspawn today from them for $25. maybe it's just because I chill with his son. lol:D

Try WWC and you will see what is expensive, at least on Studio, service is outstanding
and they will work with you on the price, not tell you if you dont like it get it somewhereelse

Try WWC and you will see what is expensive, at least on Studio, service is outstanding
and they will work with you on the price, not tell you if you dont like it get it somewhereelse

Ive been in wwc twice in the past month and they have some nice looking monti's etc.. But havnt had anything i would even call decent in the acro department. And very few fish. Frags were tiny with prices that were not :eek2:

Im a big fan of ocean blue.. Always great staff and nice looking live stock. And reasonable prices.

Back