Aquascape Advice

Aquascape Advice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chubble

Setting up a new JBJ AIO 30 gallon and bought some pukani rock from BRS and looking for some feedback on Aquascape. I have put together 4 options and want to see which people like better trying to use the rule of 3rds but doesn't come very natural to me.

Please rate in order. Thank you and advice would be helpful as well.

Attachments

• Option 1.jpg
    Option 1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Option 2.jpg
    Option 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Option 3.jpg
    Option 3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Option 4.jpg
    Option 4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
I voted for the two separate structures but my only criticism is that the right structure is very vertical so I feel like you are missing out on real estate but maybe something branching can be glued to the vertical face and look really cool. Just my thoughts. Congrats and setting up a new tank!

I voted for the two separate structures but my only criticism is that the right structure is very vertical so I feel like you are missing out on real estate but maybe something branching can be glued to the vertical face and look really cool. Just my thoughts. Congrats and setting up a new tank!

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. It is awesome rock but big for the tank so need to figure out how to add real estate. Do like the idea of adding something branching off

Aquascaping IMO is too personal to comment but I can say to ensure you can get a mag float,etc.. all over without the rock being too close to the glass (a few of those look like that may be an issue)..

I was leaning toward the middle picture with two rock builds. I have actually reversed them so you can see into the cave more. Agree need to add some branches or shelves to the really tall rock. Thank you for everyone's input.

Just started curing my rock so should be a couple weeks before i can officially get the tank wet.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. It is awesome rock but big for the tank so need to figure out how to add real estate. Do like the idea of adding something branching off

Yeah, it might be cool, depending on what you're trying to do with the tank, to add a monti cap or some candy cane/trumpet coral so the vertical face.

The hard part IMO is going to be making sure there aren't any dead spots, were flow doesnt get to, which will collect detritus and ultimately casue algae problems. Agreed with mcgyvr that aquascaping is very personal, but if it were me id try and stay away from options like 2 and 3 that put a lot of rock too close to the back and sides creating dead zones. I like the arches in 1 and 4 : )

I will have an mp10 plus the standard return pumps so hopefully that will be enough to prevent that from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of new aquascapes. I switched to purple dry rock from BRS. Which option is preferred by most people. Trying to get two islands but it is tight in 30g cube.

11da56100d1b790c917eec4a5a86be7f.jpg

2d113077e0cf79666325409689599214.jpg

Love 2, but share the thought that the right is too vertical. Would it be too low for your liking to tip that top rock down? I really like the left side.

Setting up a new JBJ AIO 30 gallon and bought some pukani rock from BRS and looking for some feedback on Aquascape. I have put together 4 options and want to see which people like better trying to use the rule of 3rds but doesn't come very natural to me.

Please rate in order. Thank you and advice would be helpful as well.

How many pounds of rock is this?

Thanks for everyone's input. Here is what I ended up with. Hard to replicate once I tried to moved to the tank.
Will do some minor adjustments to the right side.
b7525620a1df78745226de5d34a928e6.jpg

Back