Aquascaping

Mstark11

I'm thinking of re-doing my aquascaping. When I was starting, I was reading about making caves so your fish had places to hide, and ended up with rockwork that looked something like this :

2ztixw7.jpg

and after having started adding coral, I'm realizing having those huge holes is making it a pain in my butt to place corals, since corals are either ending up in the top half, right in the line of a powerhead, or on the sand.
Right now, my tank looks like something like this:

25ixmd2.jpg

and I'm thinking of rearranging the rockwork. My tank has been up for ~10mo. now, and all I have in it right now is the one-spot and the bonded clowns. Will moving the rocks around disrupt the cycle, or my fish?
Anyone have any favorite ways to set rocks? I have some cyano that I would prefer to bury in the sand and strangle out.

Just make sure you have a large water change ready to go. Moving the rocks will stir up detritus that has settled in the rockwork. It won't be a problem for the fish but be very careful you don't injure them. And, watch out for the spines on the rabbitfish, they are venomous.

And, watch out for the spines on the rabbitfish, they are venomous.
I always watch out for the fox when i stick my hands in the tank, he's my little buddy! (and by that, i mean he hates me and is terrified of me, and gets under my cabbage coral and has a heart attack if i get near the tank and it's not food time.)

I would put a background on it. That will make it pop and give a better perspective.

what color background do you preferr, and how easy are they to put on? I've never really cared for the decorative ones that are like, kelp, or underwater plantss and gravel.

Go with black or a deep blue. The idea is to put focus on what's inside the tank....not what's on the back of or on the other side of the tank.

Go with black or a deep blue. The idea is to put focus on what's inside the tank....not what's on the back of or on the other side of the tank.
yea the panneling wall in my trailer is not the high point of my reef tank :spin1:

Back