Are certain fish more susceptible to disease?

Hwang

Are there fish that are more susceptible to ick? I've never owned a tang, but I plan on getting one soon. I'm worried that tangs might bring in some killer ich strain...

I've been in the hobby for 2 years and never had a big problem with ich. Some fish I get from the store introduce ich, but with a couple water changes, they were all gone. I never treat or anything.

I've had clowns, gobies, blennies, wrasse, anthias, damsels, jawfish. But no Tangs.

But, I hear lots of stories of Ich killing everything(Fish Killer comes to mind)

Well, I went and picked up a yellow tang today. It looks really healthy. I went to a store I never went to before. The person said its been in the tank for one month. Its got a full stomach, full fins, no spots.

My question now is, IF this tang has ich, would it be a stronger strain than I'm used to? I've gotten ich from numerous introduction of new fish, but its never been the main cause of death for me.

Would ich from this tang be any different?

Worst ich guy I owned was a Aussi harlequin tusk but he died in the overflow, RIP Tigger. Had him for 17 months, bought him from a guy that had him 3 years.

My tangs been 1 week in my tank with no signs of illness. Very healthy. Should I still worry? Can they still get ich even if I don't introduce anything new?

I've been in hobby for 2 years and never had problems with ich

Everything gets ich for me. Sixline wrasse, clowns, tangs, except for my midas. Sometimes I get velvet too and it makes me really depressed

Back