Are closed loops on the way out

On my second tank build, i went with the tunze on a controller. I like it as well as my last closed loop. I dont like the darn things in my tank, but the fish and coral seem to love the random flow.

Another loop fan.
2 loops in my 180.
Great way to get flow and eliminate dead spots.
Everything is hidden.

im too lazy to read all the post, but another 2 cents. I saw about dispersed flow. if you use a larger adaptor at the end say from 3/4 to 1" pvc adaptor i think its pretty wide flow, if you want it to have a jet stream make the and smaller. thats what i do, my opinion.

for the strainer in the intake. yeah i must agree its ugly. i use a mes net with an O-ring. and cut the rest off. paint the pvc purple or black. or let it grow some coraline.

if your fish are happy and dancing for you, and all your corals are posing, it should take your eyes away from the little strainers and small imperfections.

ok time to keep reading the post.

I love my closed loop. In an 18" front to back tank, there was just no room for Tunze like pumps. However, I would stress that if I had to do it again, I'd add an OM so I could get away with a smaller pump.

I'm also one that hates the look of powerheads and cords in my tank. I built an over the top CL and it works great, almost too great! I had to back it down to keep the sand on the bottom!

I just replaced my powerheads with a CL. I don't like the look of Powerheads either. The CL came out real nice. I wish I had a little more flow though.

I most likely will put a CL on my next tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9103690#post9103690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by adw
Does anyone know how the polario is going to work inline?

polario_Wave.jpg

polario_Flow_B.jpg

I like the wide flow patterns of the Maxi-mod or the new Hydor. Difficult to beat the price and performance of those. Granted, my Maxi-mod is an eyesore compared to a good closed loop system.

Have you ever talked with Paul at OM?? What a neat guy.. the video there is just him playing around with a variable flow directional dodad.. his words not mine...lol

He basically putters around with a bunch of stuff just to see what happens. I spent over 90 mins on the phone with him once designing the flow patterns of my new tank.. what a hoot.

I've got one of those ecotec magnet pumps. It works with a magnet through the glass-no cords in the tank. It's a good option if you want a clean look and don't want to drill you tank.

Back