Are lawnmower blennies jumpers?

ken123

Premium Member
I just got a LB today from saltwaterfish.com with some other fish and inverts. Been watching them closely. The LB has been hiding in this one spot and now I can't see him at all. Did a pretty thorough search a few times in the whole tank, no sign of him. Don't see him on the floor or behind the tank and the overflow is hard to check without removing the light fixture. So, are they jumpers at all?

Ive had three, none jumped. Still have two, and are happy in the tank not on the floor, lol. I would say the risk is low. But it could happen dont get me wrong.

Well this guy is 3-4" long and no sign of him for the past few hours. Been looking and looking, no sign of him. Now that the lights went out maybe he will come out in the open.

You just acclimated it right? I would give it a day or two before getting alarmed. LMB have very good camouflage and you could be staring right at it on a rock.

I had a pep and 2 cleaner shrimp over a year ago that just disappeared. Not a sign of them after they went missing. Just hope he's there someplace. My son looked also without luck.

I have nothing aggressive. Serpent star and nassarius snails were in the tank before my order came today. Today's order was 2 false perc clowns, more nassarius snails, porcelain crab, cleaner shrimp and the LMB. That's all I have.

Don't worry about him....he will pop out....as long as you don't have a big aenemone or big crab or something you should be golden....He's just being a weenie baby....

LOL, like that last comment! I just saw him this morning on the other side of the tank from where I last saw him hiding. So at least I know he in the tank someplace.

Since they seem to hide most of the time, I guess they would not really be jumpers?

My LB jumped out of my tank while i was on vacation. I had the hood cracked open for my auto feeder and that was all it took. He was in my tank for two years:(. I also had a twin spot goby disappear for about six months and then out of no where started hanging out in the front of my tank. I couldn't believe it.

Back