Are these filter bags good enough?

ReefRockerLive

GHL Mitras LX7 Club
I just purchased about 55 filter bags, but after receiving them and seeing how they did not have the felt material and are all polyester, I wonder if they would still work.

Will these kind of filter socks still do the same good job that the normal felt material filterbags would do?

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Thanks,

RRL

i have used them. they filter everything...i mean everything. so much so that i found myself cleaning them everyday. i used them as sock filters going into my sump/fuge. they are amazing at controlling micro bubbles. i also used it in my overflow box. i wrapped it around the standpipe and removed the foam filter. again, works well here. no complaints by me.

Well that's good to hear. Anyone else have feedback on these kind of bags? They sure did remind me of the media bags.

The ones I purchased were called "The Bag". They are 180 micron and do not have pull strings, they have an actual plastic wire tie. One other thing, what makes them nice for my application is that when I go to change them, I can see if they have captured pods. Then, I turn them inside out to release them.

Back