are these flatworms on glass? pic

carolgyrl1

flatworm.jpg
I see them in one corner area of my tank. on glass

omg, thats whats going on, the are stuck to the glass, ill research it more, thanks, they are the culprits killing my daisy coral then, prob.

omg, thats whats going on, the are stuck to the glass, ill research it more, thanks, they are the culprits killing my daisy coral then, prob.

Not sure if they're the culprits. They don't feed on corals but can smother them in large quantities. If they're all over a coral a turkey baster easily dislodges them.

Sucking them out with an air tube works wonders. Doesn't take much water and the small tube creates a powerful pinpoint siphon. They don't stand a chance.

It's hard to tell from your pic, but there are 2 main types of flatworms I have come across in different tanks. The first being the Red Planaria. They can grow to plague proportions and cover everything, these are the ones to get rid of. The second are either a light tan color or mostly clear, I have only ever seen them on the glass and they never cause a problem.

You can tell the red planaria by being a rust or bright red color. The tail end also comes to 3 points.

The second kind as stated are usually more of a clear or tan color, they lack the 3rd point in the middle of the tail area.

i think I have the second type, they are lightly tan, not red, and don't seem to have the third point in the middle of the tail area. i think my tubo snail is eating them? maybe my 6 line? don't know. Ive been wanting a mandarin for a long time, I just ordered one, a spotted mandarin.they are supposed to eat flatworms.but i will try to siphon them out, I can only see the few on the glass, cant really see any by looking on the sandbed, it is very multicolored. they are shaped like ghost!! i thought i just had build up on my glass, glad i took a better look with a magnifier!!you can barely see the eyes!!thanks all for advise

I would manually remove as many as possible and then use flat worm exit followed by large water change, and you should be rid of them for good.

I had a few in my tank, but they were the clear kind and didn't seem to be causing any issues. I sucked out a few with a syphon but didn't worry to much about it. I haven't seen any more since. I know if they are redish brown color they can be a problem.

Back