ASM G-1x Protein Skimmer

SLICKTOP

Anyone have a ASM skimmer? I have a 65 gal with sump and refugium, total water volume of 80gal. This looks like a good skimmer and reviews are are great. The total price is under 300.00 bucks. I know there are alot better skimmers but the price seems to be double. Any thoughs?

great skimmer in my eyes, better with the gate mode. i think when i bought mine 3-4 years ago at salty critter it was 219 new. so yes i think the price is too much, tell him to knock 100.00 off and you will think about it!

No, I was referring to the costs of other skimmers 600.00and up. If the ASM preforms and is easy to work with, I think its a great deal compared to the cost of the Deltec, bubbleking, etc. I think the total price was 259.00 plus shipping. Rated up to 200gal..

I would check the buyers/sellers forums.

The asm is a knock off of the Euroreef skimmers.You can find it alot cheaper than 300.00 in those forums.

you can do a search for the mods in manhattan reef. I have seen the mods for the asm posted on the site.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13783694#post13783694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gravesj1s
I would check the buyers/sellers forums.

The asm is a knock off of the Euroreef skimmers.You can find it alot cheaper than 300.00 in those forums.

I love my ASM GX-1 on my 90 gallon system. All I got to say is amazing!!!! It pulls some really nasty crud out. Brought my nitrates down to 0. I love the way it looks and has a pretty small footprint. I would recomend it over any skimmer in that price range. I would try to get $100 off of it. I got mine for $225 new. Good luck.

I just bought one yesterday, I'm new to the hobby. How do you adjust it? I raised & lowered the outflow tube but it kept filling up the cup with water in a couple of minutes.

push the outlflow all the way down. Then you need to get a air valve on the air tube. I did it for about a week until it breaks into your tank. After a week take the air valve off of the air tube. And you should be good. I went through the same thing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13880579#post13880579 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 41264
I just bought one yesterday, I'm new to the hobby. How do you adjust it? I raised & lowered the outflow tube but it kept filling up the cup with water in a couple of minutes.

Back