asm g1-x air intake tube making loud noise help

erazon1980

Hello my protien skimmer is really loud . The tube that comes from the pump that sucks the water in and air in to make the bubbles is really loud it is the rubber tube that flexes. I took a coat hanger cleaned it out i put it in vinegar and even tried putting a cup upside down over it but echos even worse. Is there something someone used to quiet it down a bit. Its like a static nosie almost
Thanks

noise

noise

remove the tube/ housing from the front of the pump, salt build-up inside small nipple where the hose adapts, I use a very small screwdriver then just give it a good rinse. Also clean your needle wheel, mine has small turbos(snails) in it constantly. GL

Try and build a Aquasilencer for the venturi. I did it for mine and very easy to build. Take a small pill bottle or equivalent, put a small hole in the bottom to accommodate a rigid tube. Drill a hole in the top of the bottle. Attach the venturi tube to the bottom of the bottle. As the air is pulled through the bottle it should quiet the venturi.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13780941#post13780941 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Percula9
Try and build a Aquasilencer for the venturi. I did it for mine and very easy to build. Take a small pill bottle or equivalent, put a small hole in the bottom to accommodate a rigid tube. Drill a hole in the top of the bottle. Attach the venturi tube to the bottom of the bottle. As the air is pulled through the bottle it should quiet the venturi.
I did this as well it works very well for silencing that thing and I also suffed some cotton into the pill bottle and that made it a tad more quiet.

Back