Asm g4x mods

Linkfalcon

Picking up a Asm g4x this weekend some time going to use it on a 3 40 gallon breeder frag tank setup with a 40 gall breeder sump but I wanna mod it what mods should u do and how do I do them thanks guys the frag tanks are going to have all kinda cool stuff

shifty51008

12-5 Chiefs record
if you google asm mods you will find the mesh and recirc mods and how to do them. I did the mesh mod to my old g2 and it made a good diffrence, never did the recirc mod to mine though.

mc-cro

(macro)
best mod I ever did for my ASM G4 was put a tunze hydrofoamer on it. and a gate valve.

mesh mod works, but you have to mess with the mesh and sometimes have trouble restarting.

if you have a good pump like a sicce or a tunze, you dont need the recirculating.

mc-cro

(macro)
I had a 2 sedras, one as a feed, and the other as a recirc. a 5000 and a 9000 I think they were.

When the feed pump died, I replaced it with a tunze, and discovered that it actually worked better without the recirc pump.

plus that tunze only pulls next to nothing on wattage compared to the energy hog sedra

mc-cro

(macro)
no links. there is not much too it. buy a pump, maybe buy a 3/4" pvc adapator for $0.49 at Lowes and plug it in.

mc-cro

(macro)
there is only 2 sizes, I purchased the larger one. It is pricey, and at first I was not convinced it was worth it.

but once the pump finally broke in and I found the right air mixture, I have never regretted it.