At last!... My prayers have been answered.

SwiftysReef

Well I got my first mantis and he/she is a peacock. I have waited for about 2 or 3 months to get him. Every lfs that I ask around me don't have any. I made alot of phone calls with no avail. So I asked a couple of stores to keep an eye out for one. And finally we hit gold. So needless to say I am beyond stoked and I have to say that it was well worth the wait and the 25 bucks. Its about 2.5 to 3 inches and just knarly. Its not the boldest colors but he is sharp regardless and very interactive. Very interesting too. I can see why some of you good people could obsess over them. He does have a gimpy arm though but I will try my best to make his stay better than what nature may have givin him. I figured I would vent to those with the same interest cause im sure most of you have had about the same experience or reactions. Hope to hear your experiences and maybe some pics of your prized possessions.

Heres a couple of pics of Thor

Heres a couple of pics of Thor

041911004233.jpg

041911003935.jpg

Well thanks I do agree that it looks alot like a g. Ternatensis I don't if he looks so much like g. glabrous though. If im gonna take care of him I don't want to go thru it ignorant.so I do appreciate anyone replys

Oh and I wasn't offended in anyway I was just stating that no one had replied "hey he looks cool" or congrats or nothing it was more like "POP", there goes your bubble. But I m very glad to know what she is though and I really can't count on my lfs. I didn't care to much on species to much though as much as I just wanted one. I think my sensitive feelings will mend over time. Lol

Cool great mantis. I currently have a G. Tern. as well. Amazing creatures. Does yours come out often? Mine was shy at first but no she's starting to come out more and more.

She is shy most the time but will come out when I feed it. But when I look at her she looks like she is studying me. They are definitely amazing creatures and worth taking care of. What type of setting do you have yours placed in.

Congrats on getting your first mantis.

You'll be hooked and setting up your second mantis tank in no time .... I already am at least haha

Would it be wise for me to put a cover over my mantis tank or is it not necessary. Would she be able to climb out is what im getting at. Thoughts

Back