at what point is my tank overloaded?

jetmech_05

Hello all, I have a 180 FOWLR tank with about 140 pounds of lr. Here is a list of my fish.
1) Emperor angel juvi- 4"
2) naso tang- 4"
3) sailfin tang- 5"
4) blue hippo tang- 2"
5) foxface- 5"
6) true percula-2.5"
7) algae blennie- 2.5"
8) flame angel- 2.5"
9) blue devil damsel- 2"
10) domino damsel- 1.5"
I realize there are alot of fish here and what I need to know is, is this too much already or can I add anything else? Should I start another tank before the emperor, naso, and sailfin get too big?
Thank you for your input

be prepared as some people are going to flame you on this thread... but in my opinion you are ok now with your current fish load but i think your first 4 fish on your list might overtax the 180g when they get closer to adult size but thats just my opinion and i dont claim to be an expert by any streeeeeeetch of the imagination

I think you're ok too. A lot of the fish you have are small, like the clown, blennie, flame angel and so on. Only your first 4 fish get really big and you have a 180 so I think you're ok. Best thing to do is watch them as they grow. If they seem too crowded, then you can decide what to do.

I also don't think that three tangs (and a large angel) are automatically too many for a 180. However, the naso and the sailfin in particular will do best with more room in time.

Thanks, I plan on setting up a 300 gallon next year some time. I'll probably move some of them over to it when I do.

Back