ATI 6x54w Sunpower Enough for 90g mixed reef

nadking

I have no experience with these lights, was thinking of picking one up. The tank is a standard AGA 90 g. I would like to have a mixed reef, preferably keeping lps and clams in the sand. Do you think it is enough light?

I am using the tek 6 bulb on my 90 gal and its plenty I had to even change out a aqua blue plus for a pure actinic because the par was so high. I would recommend getting a tek instead of the ati because you will SAVE BIG $$$$ I also have a 24" 6 bulb on my frag tank and I am not impressed anymore then the tek. The teks are solid and i think about half the price. I added a reefbrite 48" all blue light to the tek. It mounts right on the tek and is AWESOME you would never believe the pop and colors I get out of that light. I also use the ati bulbs like this

Reefbrite 48" All blue light 12hrs

ATI aqua blue plus 10 hrs
ATI aqua blue special 14k bulb 8 hrs
ATI aqua blue plus 8 hrs
ATI purple plus (like a FIJI purple but like this blue better) 8 hrs
ATI aqua blue plus 8 hrs
UV pure actinic ( high par pure actinic) 10 hrs

Reefbrite 48" 50/50 light (only runs for 2 hours in the morning) Should not have added

Seriously save some cash and get the tek

Thanks for all the input, I went ahead and got the ATI at a decent price. I plan on running 4 blue plus, 1 fiji purple and 1 10k or 6500k while starting up and see how it does

Thanks for all the input, I went ahead and got the ATI at a decent price. I plan on running 4 blue plus, 1 fiji purple and 1 10k or 6500k while starting up and see how it does

Your going to love it. You'll be able to grow whatever you please with a 6 bulb over a 90. You may have to raise it up some for softies and lps.

Back