ATI Bubblemaster 200 vs. MSX 200

grandp10

I was wondering people's opinion on the differences between the 4 gen. w/ gate valve (newest version) of ATI Bubblemaster 200 as compared to the MSX 200 skimmer. Thanks to all who help.

the 4 Gen ATI also has the new pump. when the new ATI pump was tested on an ATB, it actually produced more skimmate and gunk than what the EHeim produced that is currently on the ATB Small.
The ATI also was better than the ATB as far as performance was in a weeks time on the same tank and bioload when it was put to the test.

HTH

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12275582#post12275582 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishsoldseprtly
the 4 Gen ATI also has the new pump. when the new ATI pump was tested on an ATB, it actually produced more skimmate and gunk than what the EHeim produced that is currently on the ATB Small.
The ATI also was better than the ATB as far as performance was in a weeks time on the same tank and bioload when it was put to the test.

HTH

I think he means BM200 vs MSX 200. They are both great skimmers. I own the msx160, mostly becasue of its awesome price vs. performance. I think the BM design is a little diff. from the MSX, but i really love the bm gate valve for some reason.

The msx is a bk clone with an ati pump. Thats where the design comes from on both ends. The ati is a bit different as it has the long extension from the bubbleplate. Which is the big design flaw imo. And possibly the reason many ati users can't skim very dry. Both of these skimmers are good performers. As far as bang for your buck its not a competition.

Sorry to chime in but I have been looking at the BM and stumbled across this thread, if I can ask were did you find your MSK160 at I am interested in purchasing one.
Thanks

who actually owns a ati 200 anyway, with that gate valve
thing lol, the msx series has that covered, all you have to do is cut the output pipe till you are satisfied with the performance,
next ,you must easily change the mesh to get the pump to start
correctly, not much to do really, oh, don't forget to go to the hardware store to get a replacement hose. the oem is a little weak, hands down the msx is a more bang for your buck!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12277417#post12277417 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by franklinbeens
who actually owns a ati 200 anyway, with that gate valve
thing lol, the msx series has that covered, all you have to do is cut the output pipe till you are satisfied with the performance,
next ,you must easily change the mesh to get the pump to start
correctly, not much to do really, oh, don't forget to go to the hardware store to get a replacement hose. the oem is a little weak, hands down the msx is a more bang for your buck!!

All you mentioned above is suppose to be the finished product now, so they do listen to us!

I heard recently that the pumps aren't the same, but hard to verify the accuracy of that unless someone reverse engineer the pumps. MSX uses a stock Sicce PK2500 pump that has been modded aftermarket. Heard that the ATi Sicce PK2500 is custom made by Sicce for ATi only. I've heard this from 2 different sources, but again, it's hard to verify the truth of that statement.

I've seen the ati sicce and its identical to the msx sicce as well as the impeller. There's no difference besides the venturi. They both get the same result. The mesh on the ati was different at first but the msx has changed and they are now the same....supposedly, haven't seen a new msx impeller : )

Like I mention, can't verify the accuracy of what I heard. But the internal is different on stock vs. ATi version. Probably need to cut both versions open to see what the difference is, if any.

Well, if you have them side by side, they are exactly the same pump look wise. When you mod them they also pull the same air. So if there internals are different, thats fine with me as i'm getting over 1400lph with my msx sicce.

I would go with ATi, the original instead of the copy. Just personal preference. This debate happened many times with Euro-Reef and ASM.

Back