ATI bulbs - Blue Plus AND True Actinic?

I have 5x54 Gieseman and 1x54 Ati (added 2 days ago)
Pure Actinic from Giesemann is not the same with Ati Actinic (not True Actinic - see german website)
bulbs_chart_trueactinic_large.png
giesemann-powerchrome-pure-actinic-24-inch-24w-ho-t5-lamp-320x320.jpg

My configuration:
Giesemann Pure Actinic
Giesemann Actinic Plus
Ati Blue Plus
Giesemann Aquablue Plus
Giesemann 2x Lagoon Blue

and I can say, it paid off having pure actinic bulb on. From the first day, brought up colors I never saw at my corals, especially on LPS.

Here is a comparison between Giesemann and Ati
gampa_zpsbad9774b.jpg

When I supplemented my LEDs w T5, I used one coral+ and one actinic+ for a while. I really do like the actinic+ and the geisemann true actinic bulbs, and would def recommend you put one or the other in one slot of your fixture. People say they don't have much PAR, but that's not really true. They have a ton of PUR, and because they are so low on the spectrum, they aren't very bright to our eyes. Also, PAR meters have a hard time reading that low on the visible spectrum as well, so they show artificially low numbers. I second the fact that after a couple weeks of using an Actinic+, my zoas and ricordea were showing amazing colors.

Ok so if giesemann pure actinic and the uvl super actinic are better than ATI's Actinic I will get one of those two.

So which one is the brightest/best looking/most PAR between the giesemann pure actinic and the uvl super actinic?

Giesemann pure actinic is not bright. Actually you might think the bulb is burning out, but you will see a difference in the corals.

Hello everyone,

I am Oliver from ATI. The comparisons of the actinic T5 bulbs is incorrect. The gieseman dont have so much UV (max. @350nm). The Graph is wrong. In Reality the spectral light Distribution is very simimlar to our actinic. If the gieseman Would really have so much UV you world burn or kil your Corals. UV @ 350nm is dangerous to live animals (espescially to Corals)and the Dosis should be as Minimum as possible. I Wonder why Nobody Else realize this here.
From the technical side UV Radiation is very instabil in fluorecent tubes. But the violett Radiation (max. @ 420nm) is very stabil. That is the Reason why Most Brands use a stabil violet Radiation for their actinic tubes ans why Most actinic tubes are very similar.

Best regards,
Oliver

Hi All,

I have thrown this question in the Led Powermodule Owner's thread and would want to ask Oliver P for his opinion being from ATI.

My current tubes in the LED Powermodule are 2 x Blue+, 1 x Actinic and x Coral +. What im looking for in a bulb combination is something that would give the correct spectrum for SPS coloration.

What bulb combination can you recommend?

Thanks.

Back