ATO & Apex... Pictures?

collarman

Any photos u can share???

I am looking for the best ATO sensors that will hook up to an Apex controller.

I like the Innovative marine hydrofill sensors but I dont need a full system since I am going to purchase the apex.

I have heard the float sensors continuously may have issues.
I expect to purchase three sensors to prevent over filling and/or stuck valves.

I would hope there are some reliable sensors that can easily be set with magnets.

Please post photos if you have them and let me know your recommendations.

Thanks.

Have to get a BoB(break out box) module for your apex. Once you get that you just have to get any float sensor and wire it up positive and negative. In the apex it will toggle on and off as the command of Switch 1, Switch 2, etc..

As far as reliability, I have never had a problem. The biggest suggestion I have is get a toms aqualifter pump for the ATO. If it does get stuck on it only pumps 3 GPH. I use it and I have about 340 gallons of water volume and it works like a charm.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390002

My build may have a picture of how I did mine. At least it will show how I placed it in the sump I believe.

Reefsi,

Nice set up. I could not find the ATO in your thread. Did I miss it?

Thanks Link.
The avast sensor looks nice but can the sensors be purchased separately? I dont think I need the whole system with the apex?

I use my APEX for ATO

3x floats in the sump (I think they came from DigAquatics)

Low RETURN float shuts off return if water gets to low in return section.

ATO float turns on/off the aqua lifter pump (the APEX code is set to run for 5min after ON to keep the ATO pump from cycling on/off based on the float.

High RETURN float shuts off ATO incase of ATO float failure and (via APEX code) shuts off skimmer when return pump is off to prevent skimmer overflow from raised water level in sump.

1x float in the ATO reservoir

Thanks Link.
The avast sensor looks nice but can the sensors be purchased separately? I dont think I need the whole system with the apex?

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Top-off-Kit

You just buy this. It's a pressure sensing top off kit with a mechanical back up if you choose to purchase it. You don't even need the breakout box with the Apex. You just plug it right into the I/O port on your main Apex box. Couldn't be any easier and you don't have to worry about all the failures that happen to float switches. You can skip the Avast pump and just use an aqualifter (the Avast pump is nice if you have a lot of head to pump...like from a basement, otherwise the Tom's should be fine).

Back