Ato Fail

geomarq

Here's my 150gl with about 20 gallons of top off water and kalk in the tank and floor. What a nice surprise when I got home.

It's JBJ ato and the yellow pump lights been on all day and dumped all the reservoir water in. Ph is 8.9 due to the massive kalk dump. Can the fish handle the ph till I get a water change made? The ato just failed for some reason.

407767486.jpg

Last edited:
I came home the other day and my jbj (this one was actually my fault) but when i put the hose back in i stuck it into the sump too far so it touched the water- we all know how siphons work.... The ATO kicked on, added water and than continued to empty my sump into the full 5 gallon bucked aka the floor...

Tunze all the all the way, with investment like this I don't mind the premium price. I had mine for a long time and even when the sensor was caked with salt it perform like normal!!!

Best investment ever!

ahhh nice nice, I saw that one too but never really saw the reviews, have anymore of the avast gear? looks like solid stuff and love the DIY!!!

I dont personally have any more of their equipment, but I have seen a few other items and they looked solid. I believe Blitzie could chime in on Avast equipment, he uses quite a few of their products.

20 dollar eshopps gravity fed float valve... 3.5 years running now, never a problem... No need for high prices too offs...

Tunze all the all the way, with investment like this I don't mind the premium price. I had mine for a long time and even when the sensor was caked with salt it perform like normal!!!

Best investment ever!

I've had a Tunze ATO for two years now. Just had my first problem, when the sensor was caked with salt (looked like the crusty morning eye boogers). At least the malfunction was that it STOPPED pumping until I realized what happened and cleaned it.

Stopping is better than not stopping. Mine kept filling up once past the sensor but the safety float valve shut my pump off so only problem was my alarm going off lol but no water spilled

Redundant electric float switches and a medical grade peristaltic pump. Not one issue in four years of continuous use. Speaking of gravity float switches, back in the nineties, I made a big mistake in having one on my ato using Kalk. Came home to the same mess you have now and lost nearly everything in my tank. Kalk caked the outlet on the float and kept it open, dumping all of the top off into my system. Never again.

My JBJ was bad out of the box. Would time out randomly even when adjusted to max fill time (14 minutes). At least the failure wasn't sticking on. Went back to gravity feed. +5 years and never a problem. Put a tunze on my quarantine which has never had a problem either.

Back