Attn: CADE Owners - Need Help With Plumbing

Rovert

Premium Member
Howdy, folks. I'm the new owner of a CADE 1800S2 and would like to get some advice on what parts I'd need to redirect the return flow from the top right of the tank to be central, and front-facing.

My plan was to make a 90-degree bend off the bulkhead into a straight pipe, run that pipe lengthwise against the back wall, make another 90-degree bend to face forward, and terminate to either a LocLine nozzle or just cap the end and drill some holes to make a basic spray bar. My biggest confusion is at the bulkhead, I'm not sure which bits-and-bobs I need to get that to happen.

I'm looking at these plumbing parts at BRS here, since they're all black or dark gray and would blend in with the back glass. Just don't know what I'd need to 'convert' the CADE bulkead/nozzle configuration to what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Robert-
How is that bulkhead configured now? Lockline?
Would it be easier to come up the back in the center then over the top into a tee with lengths on each side?
Short length fittings are probably needed for this modification.

Robert-
How is that bulkhead configured now? Lockline?
Would it be easier to come up the back in the center then over the top into a tee with lengths on each side?
Short length fittings are probably needed for this modification.
Possible, but not easier. Remember I have an ATO reservoir at the back of the tank, and while I could block off the current drilled hole and run tubing along the rear and come over the top, I would then need to drill a hole in the cover plate. Not exactly my first choice.

The current configuration is a bulkead with a ball-shaped nozzle, but it doesn't angle but more than maybe 45 degrees to (at best) send return flow across the length of the front glass. Surprised that with such an otherwise well-thought-out design that this would not have been identified as an obvious fail. I can live with the high and low overflows on the one end, but just not sure why they did it this way.

Not my tank, but illustrates the configuration of the ATO area.
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachments/img_0412-jpeg.1850260/

Last edited:
OK, did not know about that plate, never saw their tank.
If the return is like the 1 in the picture I would see if I could remove the nozzle & work from there with a 90 & 2- 45's into a pipe along the back.

OK, did not know about that plate, never saw their tank.
If the return is like the 1 in the picture I would see if I could remove the nozzle & work from there with a 90 & 2- 45's into a pipe along the back.

My plan was to make a 90-degree bend off the bulkhead into a straight pipe, run that pipe lengthwise against the back wall, make another 90-degree bend to face forward, and terminate to either a LocLine nozzle or just cap the end and drill some holes to make a basic spray bar.

One thing we are possibly missing here-- Is the plumbing metric being an Aussie company?
I asked that very question just a couple weeks ago. Here's what I got:

Attachments

• CADE Plumng diameters.jpg
    CADE Plumng diameters.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 5
Back