AUQUA-Scaping

SaltySammy

Is it normal to change one's rock scape 100 times. My new tank is sitting next to me in my den and i swear every time I look at it a a different angle i change something. And today I got some nice rock from member and ...... I ve totally done it over.. WHEN WILL THIS END! :lol2: I am having fun though.

No I did that same with every tank I ever owned. I found it dosnt matter. 1 something in your tank will change it anyways. And 2 you will never be happy ha.

This is one thing I hated the most with set ups. I'm picky and sometimes it takes me all say to get to look I'm going for. Soo what your going through would be my norm. Word to the wise you should use gloves.if your moving a lot of rock in a day. The rock will chew your fingers up.and you'll have sore finger tips for a couple of days. Also I had an issue with a fish years ago and needed to break down the aquascape to get a pesky fish out. What helped me I took a pic of the tank and pasted the pic on some art program on the computer(the one that it comes with free) I numbered the rocks and then layed out the same numbered pieces of paper on the floor. I matched the rock with the number and it helped me big time putting it back together

I said about 10 times ago, its full and I'm done.

Today I spent several hours trying to make room for something else. Switched around a whole corner. Just part of the game.

Less you fuss with the tank, the better off it will be in the long run! Resist the urge to OCD.

I spent weeks during my cycle making changes and swapping rock, once the corals went in nothing has changed, and im really ocd but then again I only have 8 pieces of rock in the display so not much can change lol

Once your corals start to grow and encrust your changes should be limited. If they are happy there, why change it, Then at some point you will find yourself unable to move rock due to coral placement and growth... what we all strive for!

Back