Authentic New build thread

Doses hold a gallon each,I bought them at the last swap in Bonaventure from Ben at building an obsession.He sells them with ME prepackaged 2 part that make a gallon.they have float switches wired for the apex breakout box so it can send a email when they run low. Tha ATO holds 6 gallons(7 to the top)
I installed the avast marine barrel tender on top (Ben predrilled it from a template) so I never have to fill my ato manually

Finished the plumbing,used black pond hose for the drain and emergency overflow(doing a herbie with full siphon).and red PVC from BRS.Had to order plastic hose clamps to fit over the OD of the hose as TLF 1"would not close.will be Teeing off the return to run the nextreef reactor.Its Nice to keep it this simple,my last tank was a plumbing nightmare with limited space and two tanks plumbed into one system.ordered a sea swirl which will be a direct shot for my return into the middle of my tank.
Question?I had the tank drilled with 3 holes one of which is now not being used.I have the unused one set up with a bulkhead capped with a pvc cap.should i leave it as is or make a second emergency overfow?

Attachments

• IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3971.jpg
    IMG_3971.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
I am running a waveline dc 10000 directly to the sea swirl which is attached to the rim if the tank so i will not be running my return through my overflow

spent alot of time on my rockwork using you tube videos of youngil moon as my inspiration.first saw the video on the fmas facebook page awhile back.used a mixture of real reef rock (shelf)as used by youngil and marco rock for the base and overflow covering.The piece of tonga extends from the back corner to the center of the tank hanging mid tank.Used marco cement for the base,silicone for the overflow and marco nylon rods for the tall shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3966.jpg
    IMG_3966.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
:cool:Very creative, I like it. If it was me, I will move the right little front rock either to the right back or left front side, but still look sweet the way it is.

Filled the tank over the weekend!!A big thank you to reef addiction in coral springs for delivering my water.I had an extra hole in my overflow which i am not using because i decided on a sea swirl return.Nick came up wit a great idea of running a pipe from the hole to a spears valve and a 45 degree fitting at the bottom to be used as a flush of my overflow for retrieving fish or cleaning.Thinking out of the box is a good thing!

Saw this little addition online,I placed an underwater led puck under the cave i built in the corner of my scape.so far ive had a couple of issues with it.it leaked so i put teflon tape on the screw down,and the remote does not work through the water/rock.i plan on leaving it on all the time to see how long the aaa bateries last.I zip tied it toa removable piece of rock for easy access...we wll see if its worth the trouble,i love the way it looks though

Attachments

• IMG_3986.jpg
    IMG_3986.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
Back