Auto water change

rstjean

I was woundering if anyone has a DIY auto water Change system. I would like to make one that would change 30 gal over the course of a week.

ATO_WCsystem-1.jpg

Here's mine

the best way to do it though is to use a dual head peristaltic pump that does a continual water change.

i am in the process of doing mine. I have two aqualifter pumps running off of the same power strip. Have the power strip hooked up to a timer - 4 hrs once per week. aqualifter does 3.5 gallons an hour, so about 13 gallons a week. One aqualifter from my 70 gallon premixed salt water container into top of tank, one takes water from sump to drain.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9893800#post9893800 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mdrumm
i am in the process of doing mine. I have two aqualifter pumps running off of the same power strip. Have the power strip hooked up to a timer - 4 hrs once per week. aqualifter does 3.5 gallons an hour, so about 13 gallons a week. One aqualifter from my 70 gallon premixed salt water container into top of tank, one takes water from sump to drain.

Those pumps likely are not going to pump the same over time, and may not even pump the same amount new. IMO that is not a reliable way to do it. You had better watch your salinity using mutliple pumps...

Back