Average water evaporation

is350jonny

On average.. how much water do you guys lose a day?

I'm losing about a gallon a day.. is that normal?

90gal DT + 30gal Sump
81 degrees
3 120w LED light fixtures...

Average water evaporation

Just seeing how much water everyone loses everyday..

Im losing about 1-1.5 gal per day.. Is that normal?

90gal DT + 30gal Sump
heaters set at 80-81 degrees
3 120w LED light fixtures
2 ice caps fans on the canopy & 2 ice caps on the stand both pulling air in.

In my 29 gallon open top tank with open sump I lose about a quart of water a day from evaporation. My other larger tanks have glass lids (eels live inside-and I want to keep them there) and I replace about two gallons a week (90 gallon) and 1 gallon (40 gallon breeder). I would say your evap. rate is probably normal. Do you have an ATO?

On my 125 I go through about 1.5 gallons per day. It all depends on your specific system though. An open top is going to evaporate a lot more than a closed canopy.

It will vary house to house, tank to tank, and season to season.

My tank evaporation in the winter would rival that of the summer not because of heat, but humidity in the air.

Yes, that is quite normal to loose only that much....just make sure you are refilling it daily to avoid a SG shift.

Very normal. After a year, I automated the make up water and added a kalk water reactor to supply calcium with the water.

It varies season to season with use of fans, heaters, and humidity.

A gallon a day is normal.

Auto Top Off is crucial.

It will vary house to house, tank to tank, and season to season.

Agree. There really isn't a normal. Too many factors to consider. Almost every home will be different. Type of heat, air, relitive humidity, open tops, closed tops, water movement across the surface.

yea.. i need to figure out a way to put in an ATO... unfortunately i have no more room under my cabinet.

IMG_0302.jpg

Back