Babies

So far this morning it has been about 12 hours or so. I started posting when they started coming out, basically you guys experienced the journey. I think there are 16 this morning. Can't count for sure, but seems to be 16. Even taking pics hasn't helped me, there always seems to be a couple on the other side of the net when i snap the pic.

bangaiibabies001-1.jpg

Congrats on the babies! I raised some a while back. I was just blown away at what perfect replicas they are of adult banggais. I absolutely couldn't stop staring at them.

I highly recommend you start feeding live baby brine. Mine grew healthy and well on those. Sure, it's a major pain, but I think it's best for them. I raised mine in a 10g tank with live rock, and they did well.

Here's a pic of mine after a nice BBS meal:
DSC_0008-1.jpg

sure, come over and view them whenever you want. just send me a pm.

the urchin is made of tooth picks and epoxy just as you said.

nice pic, good to hear that you did well raising them. what was your success rate?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14073427#post14073427 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IFbettas
Wow! That is awesome. I've been looking for some banggais for a long time, but can't find them anywhere. It doesn't help either that they are endangered.

Check on liveaquaria.com I just saw both wild caught and captive bred in stock

nice pic, good to hear that you did well raising them. what was your success rate? [/B]

Well, I only managed to save five from the main tank. The father released them over two nights, and I could only find those five :(

All of them made it to about 1/2", but one got bullied and jumped out. So, I ended up with four. I was glad I didn't lose any (other than the jumper).

Back