Baby nerite invasion!

esc

Some time ago, maybe a couple months back my nerite snails had laid eggs over various locations on the rockwork. I recall some people mentioned that the eggs were unlikely to hatch when I had asked for some identification help. Last night as I took a look at my tank there were 80-100 baby snails all over the place. This was the first time I noticed them as I never really examined my tank after lights off. So any reason for concern? Also out of the 5 original nerites that were placed in the tank, I only see 2 of them these days. I figure they went to snail heaven and this may be contributed to the egglaying process. At this point do I just leave them be? The tank is a 29gallon Biocube and I am worried there may be massive snail die off since there are so many snails in a small tank. Anyone here want some tiny nerite snails? They are 1-2mm in size.

esc

I'm located in Redondo Beach. I should be around most of the morning and day tomorrow. I will try to grab as many as possible this evening and place them into small containers. Shoot me a pm for additional info. I also will have a sandwich bag of Chaeto up for grabs.

ReeferBill

Yuo have nothing to worry about , the snail population will take care of itself depending on available food source.

esc

Well looks as though the snails are going to stay in the tank until they get larger. I just attempted to grab some and they basically disintegrated under the pressure of my fingers. Due to their tiny size and thin shells I ended up killing 4 of them in my attempt to grab them off the glass. For those that wanted some, if they survive and grow to a size where they thier shells are a bit thicker, I'll put up a post.